10 April, 2017
GRILLED CHEESE HOT DOGS PAY HOMAGE TO ALL YOUR CHILDHOOD FAVORITESPosted in : Appetizer, Cheese, Hot Dog on by : EyeOnFood Tags: Grilled Cheese, Hot Dog, Recipe, videos
GRILLED CHEESE HOT DOGS PAY HOMAGE TO ALL YOUR CHILDHOOD FAVORITES
While it’s debated among connoisseurs whether or not hot dogs are a sandwich or not, these grilled cheese hot dogs undeniably fall into the sandwich category. The hybrid dish combines some of the most important ingredients from your childhood — cheese, bread, and hot dogs — and slaps them together into something that is bigger, cheesier, and meatier. It may be unashamedly simple, but it sure does taste like the days of your youth.
GRILLED CHEESE HOT DOGS
- 3 hot dogs
- 3 hot dog buns, sliced in half
- 6 Tbsps of softened butter
- 1 1/2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Slice each hot dog lengthwise, but not all the way through. Make sure it is still connected, but can lay flat on the skillet. Cook the hot dogs for about five minutes, turning occasionally. Set aside.
- Spread the outside of each bun with 1-2 tablespoons butter and place the buttered side down on the same skillet used to the make the hot dogs. Repeat with remaining buns.
- Distribute half of the cheese amongst half of the buns. Top the cheese covered buns with a hot dog. Then divide the rest of the cheese over the hot dogs.
- Cover the cheese-covered buns with the remaining bun halves and cook until the cheese is fully melted.
- Remove from the heat, and drizzle with ketchup, mustard, and a dollop of relish.