11 May, 2016
Japanese Ice Cream Is InsanePosted in : Icecream, Japan on by : EyeOnFood Tags: Icecream, Japan
Japanese Ice Cream is Insane: 14 Ice Cream Flavors Not for the Faint of Heart
Horse meat? Lettuce? Snake? These aren’t ice cream flavors, Japan! Or are they? Maybe Japan’s ice cream game is so sophisticated that your undeveloped vanilla palate can’t even handle their ice cream evolution? Nah.
1. Horse meat – In America, horses get sent to the glue factory, but in Japan they become a tasty treat.
2. Charcoal – Finally, a better alternative to just sucking on a charcoal briquette.
3. Chicken wings – Chicken wings are freakin’ awesome, but in ice cream form?? Maybe it works.
4. Corn and cheese – Because every kid craves the savory dessert combination of corn + cheese.
5. Goat – “Probably just goat’s milk, right?” Well, yes, there is goat’s milk, but there are also goat guts too!
6. Eel – I don’t know, man. It’s just what they’re into.
7. Lettuce and potato – It taste like disappointment.
8. Jellyfish – Jellyfish already resemble scoops of ice cream, Japan just finished the job.
9. Octopus – Yeah, that’s just a big ol’ hunk of octopi stuck in that pint. Your move Ben & Jerry.
10. Shark Fin – Shark finning is a pretty deplorable practice, and ice cream somehow makes it even more depressing.
11. Spinach – Want to really get a child excited, only to dash their hopes? Tell them they’re getting ice cream and then hand them a cone of this.
12. Squid Ink – Don’t expect to see this at your Dairy Queen anytime soon.
13. Snake – One the plus side, you get to feel like a bad-ass for eating pit viper ice cream.
14. Pig’s Blood – Perhaps the strangest of all, this one isn’t even from Japan, but can be found in Washington, D.C.