4 May, 2016
…More Kitchen Hacks
Posted in : Hacks
by : EyeOnFood
21 KITCHEN HACKS THAT WILL MAKE YOUR LIFE EASIER
1. Regular old kitchen glasses make perfect mango peelers…
See exactly how it works here.
2. …and also egg peelers!
You’ll never burn your fingers again! See how here.
3. Here’s a surefire way to keep wasps out of those sweet drinks during the summer.
All you need is a straw and a muffin liner.
4. Slicing all those cherry tomatoes can be tiring, but you can take care of all of them in one slice with this trick.
All you need is two flat plates and a big knife. See how here.
5. If you boil your water before you freeze it, you’ll have crystal-clear ice cubes.
6. Adding a bit of water to your pan will keep your bacon from splattering too much.
You can find a detailed guide here.
7. Ever wonder why they’re called strawberries? ‘Cause all you need to remove the stem is a straw.
OK…fine. That’s probably not where the name came from. But you can find everything you need to know righthere.
8. Think your avocado might be past its prime? There’s an easy way to check!
Just peek at the color underneath the stem. You’re good to go if you see yellow or green. If you see brown, the avocado is already overripe. See more here.
9. You can easily separate egg yolks from egg whites using a plastic bottle.
This video shows you how!
10. Balancing a wooden spoon across a pot of water keeps it from boiling over.
11. Use this trick to cut a watermelon into convenient pieces without making a mess.
It makes cutting easier, but it also makes enjoying the watermelon easier, which is the most important part. You can find a guide here.
12. Here’s something I bet you never considered: You can use an apple slicer to make fry-sized slices of potato.
You can find a guide here.
13. Looking for a fast and clean way to cut up a cake? Try floss.
Instead of a knife, just flavorless floss to make perfect slices.. Watch the video guidehere.
14. Here’s a real fast way to uncork a wine bottle…
You know, for all those times when you don’t have a corkscrew, but do happen to have a butane torch on hand.
15. You can make your own your own sushi-rolling mat using wooden kabob sticks and duct tape.
You can find a guide here.
16. You can evenly shred your carrots like a pro using this technique.
Check it out here.
17. If you need corn OFF the cob, here’s an easy way to do it without making your kitchen a disaster.
All you need is a Bundt pan! You can watch the video with the guide here.
18. For a convenient way to improve aroma and bouquet, try aerating your wine in a blender.
It might look a little weird, but it improves flavor, especially for young wines. Watch a video explanation here.
19. For perfectly boiled eggs, punch a hole in the base of the egg with a thumbtack BEFORE you boil it. It sounds crazy, but it works!
Check out the step-by-step guide here.
20. If you’re ever looking for a quick way to peel a bunch of potatoes at once, all you need it a toilet brush and a drill!
Most importantly, you’ll need a clean toilet brush. You can see exactly how it workshere.
21. …and here’s how you peel apples with a power drill in record time.
Chef Jasper van Ramshorst shows you how it’s done here.
(Visited 1 times, 4 visits today)