7 April, 2017
You Will Love This Recipe For Personal ‘Pretzel’ PizzaPosted in : Baking, Pizza, Recipe on by : EyeOnFood Tags: Baking, DELICIOUS, instruction, Pizza, PRETZEL PIZZA, Recipe
You Will Love This Recipe For Personal ‘Pretzel’ Pizza
If you love pizza, you’ll adore our chorizo pretzel pizza!
This yummy take on a classic personal pizza is so easy to make, and the end result is absolutely mouthwatering! Pizza in any form is pretty darn delicious — just check out this melty and gooey Crock-Pot pizza! Still, this recipe looks extra scrumptious!
I’m a huge fan of any recipe that puts a bit of a twist on a classic. Chorizo pretzel pizza is just a hop, skip, and jump away from a traditional “sausage, pepper, and onion,” but it’s a little bit different. For one thing, this yummy recipe has a bit of a kick to it, thanks to the spicy chorizo sausage.
For another, this recipe uses baking soda and salt to give the dough a crackly crust, just like a pretzel. The end result is a personal pizza that’s chewy and gooey, with a nice crunch to the crust and a hint of zippy spice!
Print out the recipe below to make it at home!
- 1personal-size package of premade pizza dough
- 1 Tbsp.baking soda
- 1 cupwarm water
- 1⁄2 Tbsp.olive oil
- 1⁄4 cupchopped yellow bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cupchopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cupchopped onion
- 1 tsp.dried oregano
- 1chorizo sausage, sliced
- 1⁄2 cupshredded cheese
- 1 tsp.sea salt
- Shredded fresh basil, to taste
- Roll out pizza dough on floured work surface.
- Stir baking soda into warm water. Dunk pizza dough in solution. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil and add peppers, onion, oregano, and chorizo. Sauté and set aside.
- Place a thick layer of cheese on pizza dough. Add sautéed toppings over cheese.
- Bake pizza 15 minutes at 400 °F.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with shredded basil if desired
- Serve and enjoy!