30 July, 2016
Your Brunch Just Got A Whole Lot Better With This Easy Skillet Breakfast HashPosted in : Breakfast, Casserole, Recipe on by : EyeOnFood Tags: Breakfast, Casserole, Recipe
This easy skillet breakfast casserole is great for anytime of the day. Give it a try.
1 pound hash browns
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon paprika
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
⅓ cup heavy cream or whole milk
6 sliced bacon
1 cup cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
Ketchup or hot sauce (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F/175˚C.
2. In a medium bowl, season hash browns with salt, pepper, and paprika. Toss until fully incorporated.
3. In a medium skillet, cook six slices of bacon until crispy. Set bacon aside and remove excess fat from the pan.
4. Heat oil in skillet, then spread hash browns so they take the shape of the pan and form a nest.
5. Cook hash browns for roughly 7 minutes on medium so that the bottom forms a crispy crust.
6. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, milk, chopped bacon, and cheddar cheese.
7. Pour egg mixture over hash browns and spread evenly.
8. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the surface is golden brown and eggs are cooked through.
9. Sprinkle fresh chives, slice, and serve while hot. (This dish is delicious with ketchup or hot sauce, but that’s optional.)