This is the BEST Instant Pot vegetarian chili, featuring two beans, lentils, and a robust flavor. (It’s vegan too.) Pressure cooker chili is fast and easy!
Mighty Ampheromine’s Bad Beast Ingredients List:
1 can condensed black bean soup (or canned black beans in juice)
1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed (sometimes I use lentils)
1 can vegetarian baked beans
1 can chopped tomato puree (I use large 29 oz. can crushed tomatoes)
1 can whole kernel corn, drained
1 onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
2 zucchini, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 pkg baby bella mushrooms
16 oz. Boca Vegetable Crumbles
1 jalapeno, chopped (depending on how much heat you want)
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon creole seasoning
2 teaspoons cumin
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon dried basil
1 tablespoon cilantro (optional)
Toppings for this Instant Pot vegetarian chili
The best part about chili? The toppings! Alex and I have found that this Instant Pot vegetarian chili absolutely needs toppings to get the final flavor, like any vegan or vegetarian chili. Here’s what we think are essential for getting the right flavor:
- Hot sauce or lime: It’s important to add a tangy undertone! We like hot sauce, but if you can’t do spicy try fresh squeezed lime juice.
- Sour cream: Adding a little creaminess and richness is also key. If you eat vegan or plant based, use Vegan Sour Cream or Cashew Cream.
- Sliced green onions or fresh cilantro: The final element is a little freshness. We like sliced green onions or cilantro: it also adds a beautiful green pop.
- Cheese: To us, toppings 1-3 are essential. Cheese is optional, but it sure makes it taste good! Omit for vegan or use a dairy-free cheese option.
- Pepitas (pumpkin seeds), tortilla chips, or crackers: Another optional topping, but it’s nice to have a little crunch too! Do you like Saltines in your chili? (Here’s a homemade version.)
- Pickled jalapenos: If you love heat, homemade Pickled Jalapeños add big flavor.