Baked Sweet Corn Croquettes
These delicious corn croquettes are baked like muffins instead of fried. They can be served with butter, but my family prefers salsa as an accompaniment.
- 3 cups fresh corn, divided
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, optional
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream and minced chives
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place 2 cups corn kernels in a food processor; process until pureed. Transfer pureed corn to a large bowl; whisk in cornmeal, milk, sugar, remaining corn and, if desired, cinnamon until blended. In another bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and eggs until pale yellow and slightly thickened, about 10 minutes. Fold in cheddar cheese. Stir in corn mixture.
- Fill greased mini-muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake 8-10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm; top with sour cream and chives.