31 December, 2018
Banana Split On A Stick
Posted in : Dessert, Recipe on by : EYEONFOOD Tags: BANANA SPLIT
for 12 servings
- 4 bananas
- 1 cup chopped nut, we used pecans
- 1 cup chocolate, melted
- whipped cream
- maraschino cherries, or toppings of your choice
- Slice a banana into thirds, and then cut each segment in half lengthwise.
- On a parchment paper-lined sheet tray, place a tablespoon of chopped nuts in a small circle shape.
- Pour a tablespoon of melted chocolate over the top of the nuts. Lay a popsicle stick on the chocolate, and top the stick with additional melted chocolate.
- Add two halves of sliced banana facing upwards in the melted chocolate. Repeat with all the other banana splits on a stick.
- Freeze for at least 2 hours.
- When frozen solid, add a dollop of whipped cream, and top with a cherry (or any other toppings of your choosing).
- If your banana split is too big, just create the banana coins and mix melted chocolate with walnuts (if you don’t have pecans). Then just take toothpicks, stick them in the banana coin and add the chocolate-walnut/pecan mix. When it freezes, add the whipped cream on the banana side.
- I didn’t use the popsicle stick because I didn’t have any and that was a mistake. I’d say make sure you have a lot of chocolate so it will stick (at least a full size Hershey’s bar). Don’t freeze for too long or else it is too hard to bite into. Other than that it was pretty good.
- We did the recipe totally different. Instead we made mini banana boats by putting the banana on the bottom, Then pour chocolate on top. Then we sprinkled mashed up Oreos which we separated from the icing on the inside. We mounted the icing and used it as the whip cream on top.
- This was amazing it was so easy to make. I would totally make this again.