18 December, 2018
Chocolate Chip Banana Monkey Bread
Posted in : Bread, Recipe on by : EYEONFOOD Tags: Bread, Chocolate, Chocolate Chip Banana Monkey Bread
for 10 servings
- 3 bananas, 1 cut into coins, 2 cut into half-coins
- 1 cup dark chocolate chip
- 3 cans biscuit dough
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 sticks butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- banana coin
- dark chocolate chip
- Cut two bananas into half coins.
- Cut one banana into coins and line the bottom of a greased bundt pan.
- In a bowl mix sugar and cinnamon, set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
- Cut each biscuit round in half and flatten into rounds.
- Stuff each round with one piece of the halved banana coins and chocolate chips. Close the round together by pinching at the seam and roll into a ball in your hands.
- Place the balls in the cinnamon sugar mix and gently toss to coat. Place half the balls in the pan.
- In a saucepan over medium heat melt the butter and brown sugar until one, stirring occasionally. Set aside to cool.
- Pour half of the glaze on top.
- Sprinkle a handful of chocolate chips over top. Then place rest of the balls on top followed by the rest of the glaze.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until the crust is a deep dark brown on top. (If the top is browning too much you can cover it with aluminum foil.)
- Remove from oven and allow it to cool or about 15-30 minutes before turning it over onto a plate.