7 October, 2016
Game Day Cheese-Stuffed Meatball Sliders
Posted in : Appetizer, Game Day, Junk, Snack on by : EYEONFOOD Tags: Game Day, Meatballs, Snacks, Tailgating
Perfect for tailgating, you can make the meatballs and sauce for these sliders ahead of time and heat them up at home on game day. Put ’em on rolls in the parking lot.
- 1-1/2 pounds bulk Italian sausage
- 16 cubes part-skim mozzarella cheese (1-inch; about 8 ounces total)
- 1 jar (24 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 jar (8.1 ounces) prepared pesto
- 16 dinner rolls, split and toasted
- Divide sausage into 16 portions. Shape each portion around a cube of cheese. Place on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- In a large saucepan, combine spaghetti sauce and pesto; bring just to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Add meatballs; heat through, stirring gently. Serve on rolls. Yield: 16 servings.