GREEK PINWHEELS RECIPE
These pinwheels taste and look so good that everyone was surprised to learn they were pretty simple to make.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 tablespoon beaten egg
- 3/4 teaspoon water
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 Greek olives, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Greek seasoning
- Unfold puff pastry. Whisk egg and water; brush over pastry. Combine the remaining ingredients; spread over pastry to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style. Cut into twenty 1/2-in. slices.
- Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 425° for 9-11 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 20 appetizers.
1 each: 92 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 142mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.