BBQ Country Ribs
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
COOK TIME: 4 hours
TOTAL TIME: 4 hours 15 minutes
SERVINGS: 8 servings
AUTHOR: Holly Nilsson
Perfect for when the weather doesn’t allow for outdoor grilling! These easy oven baked ribs are covered with a homemade rub and covered in a delicious barbecue sauce for the perfect entree.
4 lbs country style ribs
1.5-2 cups BBQ sauce
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon dark brown sugar packed
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes crushed
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 250°F and place ribs on a rimmed baking sheet (I line with foil for easy cleanup).
- In a small bowl whisk together rib rub ingredients.
- Coat the ribs in the seasoning and cover tightly with foil. Cook for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until the ribs just start to feel tender.
- Remove from the oven and liberally baste the ribs with bbq sauce. Cook for another 45 mins to 1 hour uncovered until fork tender.
- If desired, turn your oven onto the broil setting and let the bbq sauce on the ribs bubble and lightly brown.