10 May, 2019
IT’S WHATS FOR DINNER! – Lobster – 30+ HD FOOD PHOTOS
How To Cook The Perfect Lobster Tails In the Oven:
The key, as with most seafood, is to not overcook the lobster. If you overcook the lobster it can turn out chewy and have a fishy smell to it, which is unfortunate because lobster tails aren’t necessarily cheap.
You’re going to want to pay close attention to the color of the lobster while it cooks. It should turn from opaque to white and start to curl in on itself slightly.
First thing you’re going to want to do is use some sharp kitchen scissors to cut down the middle of the lobster shell, just until you get to the fins.
Be careful to not cut into the lobster meat.
Gently pull the shell away from the lobster meat, leaving the lobster meat exposed in the shell.
EASY BROILED LOBSTER TAIL RECIPE
Perfectly Broiled Lobster Tails ready to enjoy in about 10 minutes! So much better than going to a fancy restaurant!
- 2 (4 to 6 oz) Lobster Tails, thawed
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 lemon, cut into wedges
- freshly chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat the top broiler in your oven and position the top rack about 4 to 6 inches from the element.
- Use sharp kitchen scissors to cut down the middle of the lobster tail, being careful to only cut the shell, not the lobster meat. Cut all the way down to the fins of the tail. Turn the lobster tail over and use both thumbs to gently crack each rib of the lobster (between the little feet of the lobster), this will make it easier to pull the shell apart and reveal the lobster meat.
- Place the lobster tails in a cast iron pan or foil lined baking sheet and season with salt, pepper and paprika. Place 1 tbsp of butter on top of each lobster tail and place on the top rack of the oven for 7 to 10 minutes, until lobster meat turns from opaque to white and is slightly browned on top. Careful to not let the lobster burn, keep an eye on it!
- Serve the lobster tails immediately with a lemon wedge and garnish with fresh parsley. Serve with melted butter on the side if desired.