LEMONGRASS CHICKEN DUMPLINGS
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Ginger, minced
- 2 Tbsp Lemongrass, finely diced or paste
- 1/4 cup Red Pepper, finely diced
- 3 Green Onions, finely diced
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Toasted Sesame Oil
- 2 tsp Sriracha (chili sauce)
- Salt, to taste
- 50 Gyoza Wrappers (potsticker wrappers)
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 1/2 Cup Water
- – Start by finely mincing the ginger, garlic, green onion, red pepper and lemongrass stalks (extra fine if using fresh, I couldn’t find fresh so I used lemongrass paste).
- – To the chicken chicken add…the garlic, ginger, red pepper, green onion, lemongrass (fresh or paste), soy sauce, sesame oil, sriracha & salt to taste. Mix everything up well with the chicken.
- – Take a gyoza wrapper (they are the round pot sticker wrappers available at most stores). Scoop about 1/2 tbsp of the chicken filling in the center of the wrapper.
- – Wet the outer edge of the wrapper with water. Then fold the wrapper in half pinching only the center.
- – Make a couple folds on both sides of the center towards it. Before sealing the end, make sure there aren’t any air pockets inside and pinch the edges well.
- – Repeat the same with the rest of the wrappers.
- – At this point you can freeze the pot stickers in a plate covered with cling wrap, then once frozen transfer to a ziploc bag. – Or you can cook them right away.
- – To cook the pot stickers, you can steam them in a bamboo steamer for 15 to 20 minutes…
- – Or, you can heat a tablespoon of oil in a skillet with a lid. When the oil is hot, add the pot stickers leaving space between each one. (you may have to make them in batches).
- – Fry the pot stickers for a couple minutes until the bottom starts turning a little golden brown.
- – Then add 1/2 cup of water to the pan and put the lid on immediately. Let the pot stickers steam for 10-12 minutes. Once they are cooked, take the lid off and let it continue cooking till all the excess water evaporates and the bottoms crisp up again.
- – Serve hot with some soy-ginger dipping sauce…slurrrrp.