These mashed potato bacon bombs are creamy, gooey, cheese-stuffed, deep fried Mashed Potato Ball, coated in nutty Bread Crumbs and crispy, salty, Bacon!
Each Potato ball explodes with cheesy goodness.. with every bite through that crisp, bacon shell!
These will be a huge hit for football Sundays too!
Here is how you can make these tasty bombs!
What you will need:
- 2 cups leftover and chilled Mashed Potatoes
- Bacon..one slice per Bomb
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Dry Bread Crumbs
- Cheddar Cheese cut into 1″ chunks (one chunk per Bomb)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Skewers or toothpicks
- Oil for frying~ I used Canola
- Sour Cream and toppings for dipping
- In a large bowl combine the Mashed Potatoes, Egg, and S&P until well blended.
- Grab a small scoop of the Mashed Potatoes and gently form it around a Cheddar Chunk.
- Place the Bread Crumbs into a shallow bowl, and roll that baby evenly in the Bread Crumbs.
- Now wrap the Bomb with one slice of Bacon and secure it with a toothpick or skewer.
- Place them one or two at a time into about 2″ of hot oil (350 degrees is best).
- Fry them until they’re evenly golden on all sides.
- Let the drain on some paper towel.